Friday, January 2, 2009

Making Resolutions

I welcomed in the brand new year by falling asleep right after midnite! Oh well....I am not the party animal I used to be.

It is also that time of the year to make new resolutions. I, quite honestly, totally suck at doing this. I never write them down, so I conveniently forget them...lol. So I thought I would jot them down here. Let's see if this will work or not!

1. WEIGHT LOSS: I want to lose 20 lbs. this year. I think this is an easy amount that can be achieved with simple and easy tasks. Yes, I know, I need to lose more, but I don't like setting myself up for failure. Achieve a simple resolution and anything else I would lose is just icing on the proverbial cake!

2. SCRAPPING: Oh this one should be easy! Yeah right! I decided I was not going to get in on the hubbub of the Project 365. If I have a chance, then I will take an appropriate picture. What I decided to do was to keep a diary. I am jotting down things that happen in the news and what happened in our daily lives here. Like I said on a message board, I want to leave the grandkids and such a written document of life in 2009. Anything can be newsworthy in my mind...lol. I also want to do more challenges (thanks Sweet Shoppe for doing them daily!), both digitally and paper scrapping. I am going to use up my supplies that are just sitting there in bookcases in the scraproom. I have already started making more cards.

3. CLEANING: I am going to get better at scheduling my cleaning of the house. I am not Martha Stewart. I accept that. But I can schedule things better so I have more time during my days off.

4. ORGANIZATION: Again, organization is not my strong suit. I am doing all this by baby steps. First I need to purge things AGAIN! I love lists...just never look at them again. This will change!

5. ENJOY LIFE: This is the most important resolution. I want to enjoy all that life has to give. I am afraid I get lost in the day-to-day schtuff and forget to have fun. I want to take photography classes. I want to learn to bake bread the old-fashioned way.

these are my resolutions for the year 2009. I think they are simple enough to achieve and fulfill. Time will tell.

Till later my blog friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am gonna try to scrap more this year too.
I enjoyed browsing your blog.
Chris
http://www.chatterscene.com
message board for woman

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chipmunk said...

I love lists! Great way to keep everything organized. =) Thanks for joining the Blog Hop! LOL, 2-3 liters of Pepsi? Mine's about 1 liter of Coke or coffee. =P

Pamela said...

Hope you check this because I have no other way of getting ahold of you. Check my blog! You won something from the blog hop! (You will have to scroll down some).

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.